2013 Centenary Award Winners
At this year's Big Birthday Bash, the ten NABS centurions were announced as:
- Amy Mason, PA to the CEO, MD & managing partners, Havas Media
- Amy Tippen, account manager, AMV BBDO
- Ben Mellor, comms planner, Manning Gottlieb OMD
- Ben Newman, art director, ARC London
- Milo Williams, copywriter, ARC London
- Glen Christie, communications manager, Advertising Association
- Hannah Jones, senior planner, Mediacom
- Jessica Swettenham, senior account executive, MC2
- Jon Goldsmith, associate director, Mediacom
- Rachel Mackenzie, account manager, MEC Manchester
Special congratulations to Jessica Swettenham, who was named as the overall winner and received a grant of £2,000 from Daily Mail Group to help further her career within the industry.
The NABS Centenary Award
With a generous cheque for one thousand guineas from Lord Northcliffe, NABS was born in 1913.
A hundred years on, we want to use this landmark to identify and honour a few remarkable people. Most good companies in our trade will have such a person. They're remarkable at least as much for what they're not as for what they are.
They're not particularly senior: they'll have been with you for up to five years. The influence they have – and they have plenty – comes not from their job title but from their personality. They are the present representatives of thousands of their predecessors who have shared NABS' values for the last 100 years.
So we've created an award scheme to mark their contribution; and to encourage others to follow them for the next 100 years.
Centenary Award Criteria
- Your nominee(s) should have been in the business 5 years or less and can come from any sector of our industry
- They should have a natural affection for, and commitment to, our industry
that extends way beyond the ‘day job’; they like what they do and who they do it with
- They help others; formally or informally
- They’ve shown strength of character, perhaps through overcoming adversity
- They are generous in the time they give to causes in which they believe
- Their very presence is infectious; they make others feel good
Made up of senior industry luminaries, including NABS Patrons and Trustees, who have been selected for their contribution to the industry and beyond.
- Jeremy Bullmore, WPP
- Cilla Snowball, AMV BBDO
- Stevie Spring, BBC Children In Need
- Naren Patel, Primesight
- Phil Georgiadis, Walker Media
- Simon Daglish, ITV
Centenary award prize
- Associated Newspapers kindly donated up to £2,000 for a grant for the most deserving individual – in recognition of Lord Northcliffe's role in establishing NABS 100 years ago
- The Centurions were each given a seat at NABS Big Birthday Bash
- One-to-one mentoring with a NABS 100 Club member
- Centenary Partner Card with a host of benefits, including free admission to NABS Tuesday Club talks
- Mention in Campaign
The award is now closed for 2013, applications for the 2014 award will be opening in the new year.